Bob G.

On 04 Feb 2005 19:18:23 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Bob G. notes:

Not sure if AOL is truely in fact going to cut off newsgroups...seems
to me I read it was a false alert....

AOL itself posts that alert EVERY time you go to open Newsgroups. If it is a
false alert, you'd think someone would inform them.

But even my wife who does have an AOL account uses Forte Free
Agent as her news reader... since it handles AOL's newsgroups a heck
of a lot better then AOL own software...

I tried getting that up, and I tried Mozilla. Neither one will work with my
AOL--latest version.

I was just about to say screw it, and use Google about once a month, but I'll
keep trying for a bit longer.

Charlie Self
"I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush

Charlie...I just went out and checked my wives computer and the
Ao-Hell she is running is 9.0 optimized.... BUT once she signs on she
minimizes Ao-hell and fires up Foirefox to browse the net...or fire up
Agent to read newsgroups... as much as I have tried to get her to use
a "real e-mail" program she just keeps aol for that...

She did say she had a "little" bit of trouple configuring Agent..could
not be much since She is more at home in front of a sewing maching
then a computer...

Bob Griffiths