Jim K

At first I thought they were kind of "wussy" as in real mechanics
don't use something like this. However, after wearing a pair for
awhile, I decided they are really worth it. I have a Craftsman pair
that have held up great. You can find them on sale every now and then.

I also tried them a couple weeks ago when I had a bunch of wood to
sand with an orbital sander. They sure help protect against that
tingly feeling from running a sander for an evening as well.

On 4 Feb 2005 05:06:33 -0800, "mtlwright" wrote:

I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with these.

I thought these were a kind of Jesse James wannabe item when they came
out but I have to admit I really like them for general wear around the
shop.

The only problem is the pair of Mechanix brand I had fell apart very
quickly. I spend a lot of time in my shop, but I don't do it for a
living anymore, so I suspect that for someone who does these gloves
wouldn't last more than a couple of weeks. Mine only lasted about two
months before the fingers started ripping through.

Anybody have any experience with any of the other brands? The Stanley
ones looked like they maybe more durable.

Regards,

Bill