Anthony

Dan Murphy wrote in
:

I'll bet that was the tool. I showed the article to our Kennametal rep.
to see what he thought of it. We have a really good rep., most tooling
companies put their best guys servicing OEM accounts. Anyway he ws
familiar with the tool as they were doing some testing with it and
considering it for a new grade, IIRC. He was never able to get one for
us to play around with. It seems every time I find something new for
titanium it never pans out.

Dan

Dan,
Get in touch with your local Sumitomo rep. They have a large crystal pcd
chip. Not the same as DeBeers, and more costly (Sumitomo is more
expensive in general, but they do have better quality on some products).
This might work for Ti, you'll have to discuss that with the rep. What
kills us on Sumitomo is lead time. Most of the tools are made in Japan,
so lead time can be an issue, if it isn't a stock item. The majority of
what we use is custom made.

--
Anthony

better idiots.