Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

Nonsense. This study has been picked up by motorcyclists to defend the
indefensible. The TBI statistics are readily available, or were. Check
Google Scholar.

They're actually not readily available. There was a big helmet
thread recently on the m/c ng, and I found it is very difficult
to find *real* data on accident statistics, as a function of
helmet use.

Go to Google. Click on "more." Click on "scholar." Enter MOTORCYCLE HELMET,
without quotes. As of 10 minutes ago there were 994 references, and some of
the first ones I saw were PubMed/Medline references, pointing to
peer-reviewed articles in major medical publications, supported by
statistics, not anecdotes.

Then show this to the ABATE guys. We have a big ABATE guy in my town. You
could drag him kicking and screaming to this data, and it wouldn't change
his mind. He "knows" the facts, and he isn't going to let the facts get in
his way.

--
Ed Huntress