Rita Ä Berkowitz

"Ignoramus18142" wrote in message

Clarys are $10,000 high end units. Not that it matter, now that no one
wants them.

I had dozens of them new on the skid and couldn't give them away. Yes, they
were very expensive when new. This is due to the uneducated people in the
government's purchasing department.

Never handle any UPS unless it's an APC unit of 2200VA and above. And you
should never handle any three phase units made by anyone else but APC or
Liebert.

I will probably convert the cabinet from the Ferrups unit into a meat
smoker (smokehouse).

Now that is a great idea. I wish I had thought of that. You might want to
list one on eBay.

Maybe, but those were high voltage kind.

Some of the older units used either a 12 or 24 VDC configuration and had
these larger caps. The newer 48 VDC and above units don't have anything
worthwhile in them.

I need to take them apart to take them to a dumpster anyway...

I forgot to ad that you do have some heavy-duty transformers in these things
that you can use as a crude welder if you don't already own one. Save the
rectifiers for this purpose as well.

What a hassle, I made $320 profit on this lot (on other pieces), but I
hate every moment of owning it. Well, I got some useful parts out of
those UPSes, but still I would not do the deal if I knew what Iknow.

It's not even worth it with a forklift. Just be careful that you don't drop
a nut screwing with these things.

What about the rectifiers.

See above. There is probably little eBay value in them unless you do some
creative writing.

Thanks. If I get $50 out of each, and some parts good for myself, I
will be happy. Maybe I can get my retired FIL to do some disassembly
in exchange for "profit sharing".

I really like your smoker idea! Have fun and good luck.

Rita
--
http://212.68.147.44/Zehava-ben/