Jim Elbrecht

I like in NH, and yes, it is cold this time of year. I have a house
with a rock foundation, and there are some strong drafts coming through
the walls.

From the outside, the foundation seems solid, but of course, I know it

is not. Is there some way to find the leaky areas from the outside?
(Part of the foundation is not accessable from the inside, but I can
feel drafts coming from that area... )

Most likely you have some major gaps where the sill meets the
foundation. [and where any pipes or wires penetrate the foundation]

A simple way to spot a lot of them is to light up the basement at
night and check the perimeter from the outside.

Then darken the windows in the daytime & check the perimeter from the
inside.

This won't find them all, as air travels around things that absorb
light, but it will show you the big ones.

I covered my old stone foundation down to a couple feet below grade
with 2" styrofoam. Then I covered it with wire-mesh & a couple parge
coats. Not as nice as the walls that were replaced when they
collapsed last summer, but it is draft-free at least.

Jim