Dave Jackson

I have some plug cutters from rockler also and haven't had any problems. My
drill press is set around 900 rpm for most everything (I'm too lazy to
switch pulleys around all the time). Could the black ring be a burn mark
from the cutter? --dave

"Frank & Renee" wrote in message
Greetings,

Just finished a shaker style shelf made from cherry.....I tried using
countersinks and filling them with cherry plugs with my brand new tapered
plug cutter from "Rockler". After putting the first coat of Tung Oil on it
noticed there is a nasty looking black ring around the outside of the
plugs
( from the jagged edge on the plugs I guess) any suggestions on how to get
smooth, seemless plug........when cutting the plugs on the drill press,
should I use a fast speed or slow, or does it matter? Any help would be
greatly appreciated......

Bummin in NH

Frank