Edwin Pawlowski

"Frank & Renee" wrote in message
I have treated have gotten lung
cancer from direct or secondary cigarette smoke, or some type of prolonged
asbestos exposure. That's not to say it cant happen.......the dust from
wood
can cause a myriad of other problems.....Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
Disease (COPD) being one of them....Just my 2 cents......hopefully some of
the old timers in this group could offer some of their experiences with
wood
dust exposure.

Personal observation, not scientific study, having worked in my son's home
medical business.

Most people with COPD are over 60, smokers, often worked in environments
that had dust or other impurities, such as woolen mills, welding,
shipbuilding, wood shops, etc. It is something that can take a long time to
develop, something that can be prevented or at least lessened in severity.

That dust you inhale today won't bother you tomorrow, but can be a real PITA
in five or ten or twenty years. Wear that dust mask, buy that dust
collector.

While on the subject of health concerns. Not to many years ago, latex
gloves were something that a doctor used for an exam. Today I see them
used by forklift mechanics, compressor servicemen, boiler repair men, etc.
It is not a sissy thing to protect your hands from oils and chemicals.