Chuck Hoffman

Change will happen just as surely as night follows day. B&D will maintain
two tiers of quality and ruggedness for a while but eventually (can't
predict exactly when) they'll begin to focus on price point and profit.
When the quality drops below a certain point, someone else either here or
overseas will begin to manufacture higher quality tools and capture the high
end market. They will merge with a large manufacturer and the cycle will
repeat itself again.

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"steve" writes:

their quality dropping across the board? I don't think I will buy
another P-C product at this rate!

Porter-Cable is owned by Black and Decker.

Black and Decker has only owned P-C since October 4th.

I doubt Black and Decker has had time to make many changes to P-C yet.

Brian Elfert