Lobster

Uno Hoo! wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Can artex be bought in small pots? I gather it is like thick paint
which can be brushed on...

smooth strip right across the width of the ceiling. I originally bought a
small tub of pre-mixed artex and a proper artex stippling brush. I found the
stuff incredibly difficult to work with, however, and the finished job
looked nothing like the rest of the ceiling! I decided to scrape the repair
off and try again. This time I bought a bag of powder artex which contained
about four times as much as the pre-mix tub but cost around the same!

My only dealings with Artex et al are when I find myself trying to get
rid of the bloody stuff; however IIRC aren't the powdered stuff and
readimix gunk actually fundamentally different, ie a cementitious
material vs a textured paint type stuff? I suspect the results will be
very different for that reason.

David