Set Square

Pecanfan wrote:

Sorry, I missed the 'flat' bit - and assumed you had access to
downstairs. Do these pipes feed anything below, or not. If so, what
I said is ok - if you negotiate with the person below.

We're on a separate water supply to downstairs. :-)

To be fair that's a recent development - it was shared with
downstairs - what a nightmare that was by the way... we actually have
water pressure now - woohoo!

Andy

I've just had another thought!

If you're inserting tee's into the existing pipes, you'll have to cut a
short section of pipe out. Suppose you get a couple of those self-piercing
washing machine taps (can you get them for 22mm pipe if necessary?) and
install them temporarily where the tee's will go.

You can then use the taps to drain the pipes - under controlled conditions -
into shallow trays. Finally, when no more water comes out, remove the taps
and cut out the pierced section of pipe.

How does that grab you?
--
Cheers,
Set Square