Uno Hoo!

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have since spoken to a professional plasterer who told me that
it is almost impossible to 'patch in' artex and achieve an invisible

repair.
So there you have it. I would strongly advise buying a pack of

powdered
artex - it's easy to mix and you will have plenty left over if you

have to
have several tries!

Kev

Fortunately, the edges of the ceiling do not have an artex pattern.
There is a plain band around 2 ins. wide.
As I understand it, I should be able to buy some artex, ready-made or
otherwise, sand the offending areas down and just "paint over" with
artex. I could then emulsion the whole ceiling, if the new patch was
too bright.

Ah - right. I misunderstood!

Kev