Rita Ä Berkowitz

"Ignoramus18142" wrote in message

I have three UPSes:

1. Clary OnGuard 3 phase 5 kVa UPS, no batteries
2. Clary OnGuard 1 phase 5 kVa UPS, no batteries
3. Ferrups 3.0 kVa inline model UPS (no outlets), no batteries

All are working.

That generally won't make any difference with these dogs. You probably have
late 80s early 90s vintage units. Plus, these are low-end units that have
no customer appeal.

I would like to demolish these UPSes, take out what I can sell and
auction these parts on ebay. I recently demolished an even bigger Data
General UPS (about 8 kW) and sold the capacitors from it for $75. The
rest is a big pile of unidentifiable parts. Some look like huge diodes
and transistors. I am afraid that some of those parts have value that
I would have hard times capturing (maybe I took apart a large and
usable rectifier, for example), so, I do not want to make the same
mistake again.

The capacitors are probably appealing to the ghetto-blaster-car-audio-crowd.
Other than a few relays and some MOVs there really isn't anything worth
popping the hood for.

I would like to know which parts of those UPSes are really desirable.

Capacitors?

Rectifiers?

Anything else?

Some have Anderson connectors that you can get about $1.50 each.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated. I will use this as an
opportunity to learn about electronics.

Strip them for the fun of it, but don't expect to find any gold nuggets in
them. Good luck and have fun.

Rita
--
http://212.68.147.44/Zehava-ben/