tiredofspam

This probably isn't a good idea. What happens is that you release air
and possibly moisture from the pores of the wood and it leaves
bubbles... Don't ask me how I know... but this method has ruined more
than one finish... A couple before my thick head got it clear to NOT DO
THAT ANYMORE. Yes it will work for a quick look as to how the finish
will look, but not on the finished piece itself...

Australopithecus scobis wrote:

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:32:25 -0800, Bob Bowles wrote:

Padding applies less shellac than brushing so the alcohol has a better
chance of flashing off. The key word in your description was "thin"
coat.

I've been trying out a yardsale hairdrier to move warm air over the
shellacked piece. Helps the "flash" in my chilly workshop. Can't get too
close nor too hot, else the alcohol makes blisters.