steve

PPT33R wrote:
Had some HORRIBLE experience with Porter-Cable recently. Compressor

was
defective from the factory, now the damn thing has been in the shop
since I got it, and Factory Service told me I should truck it up to
them...

OK, a large (150 lb+) compressor, take a day off of work to take it
north of Baltimore, then when they finally get around to fixing it

take
another day of work off to drive all the way up to pick it up... My
cost in time and what little time off I get from work is exceeding

what
I paid for it!

Porter-Cable used to mean something to me. Is this just a fluke, or

is
their quality dropping across the board? I don't think I will buy
another P-C product at this rate!

Porter-Cable is owned by Black and Decker.

I don't know about their compressors but I have been slowing selling
off my P-C power tools on ebay, I've been replacing them with tools
that are smaller/lighter/smoother made by some other brand located on
the other side of the earth. However, I've had no problems with P-C
reliability.