Steve

I work in the service department of a tool store that sells primarily to
contractors. I have not seen a drop in quality of most PC tools. The air
tools and the compressors are the exception. Both suck in quality. I have
had multiple contractors return the air tools in less than six months for
replacement (PC doesn't offer repair on most of them). Also have fixed a lot
of PC compressors under warranty. One contractor went thru two compressors
and 3 repairs on the second one in less than 6 months. The good part is that
PC always makes it right, but it still adds up to downtime.

In article . com, "PPT33R"
wrote:
Had some HORRIBLE experience with Porter-Cable recently. Compressor was
defective from the factory, now the damn thing has been in the shop
since I got it, and Factory Service told me I should truck it up to
them...

OK, a large (150 lb+) compressor, take a day off of work to take it
north of Baltimore, then when they finally get around to fixing it take
another day of work off to drive all the way up to pick it up... My
cost in time and what little time off I get from work is exceeding what
I paid for it!

Porter-Cable used to mean something to me. Is this just a fluke, or is
their quality dropping across the board? I don't think I will buy
another P-C product at this rate!