On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:22:04 -0700, Wes Stewart
wrote:

On 04 Feb 2005 02:03:19 GMT, ospam (Sambo145) wrote:

I am a routine lurker at the wreck and have used aol for several years. Now
they are doing away with newsgroups and I was wondering if anyone knew of a
"simple" reader that I could use to continue enjoying the group. Thanks in
advance.

Free Agent

Agent is the standard newsreader, but Free Agent has some significant
drawbacks. Notably it doesn't have filters (or spell check, but that's
less of an issue.)

When you download the program you get a fully functional version of
Agent, but after 30 days it reverts to Free Agent.

OTOH if you like the way Agent/Free Agent does things, it's worth
springing for the $30 or so for the full version.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.