alexy

Joe User wrote:

Larry Bud wrote:

Let me know what you think!

The math isn't working out for me. Instead of $5.99 for a 4" plastic Y
from Woodcraft (or wherever), I pay you $20 for plans so I can spend $6
on materials to make one. With that $0.01 difference, I have to make
2000 fittings to break even. I start saving a whopping $0.01 each
fitting when I make fitting number 2001.

I'll say your math isn't working out! Lose $.01 on each one, but make
it up on volume? I think the metal wyes this would replace are more
expensive. But also I suspect smoother for better airflow than what I
would cobble together with tape.

That's even if I don't factor in trips to the emergency room because of
the sheet metal cuts. (:

I'd say more like $2 for a PDF file, or $5 or $7 for a set of paper
drawings, is more in line with what I'd pay.

Is that because you think it is okay to break even after "only" 200
fittings (if your example were modified to make the woodcraft price
$6.01)? g