J. Clarke

Charlie Self wrote:

Cothian writes:

Correct strictly as dictionary definition. In the political arena
however, a mandate refers to a sizable margin of victory. Although of
late mouthpieces of both parties have been using the term regardless
despite slim victories.

Number of votes or percentages be damned. The fact is W is sitting in the
oval office. It doesn't matter now if you or I voted for him, against him
or didn't vote at all. He is THE president. He is MY president. Flame at
will Oh ye of small minds......

Well, sure. He is. That is somewhat similar to my ingrown toenail. I
didn't want that, either.

Personally right now I'd feel a lot better if FDR was sitting in that chair
instead of Shrub. But I suspect that Shrub, if you asked him when he had
enough liquor in him to give an honest answer, probably would say the same
thing.

Charlie Self
"I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)