Adrian Simpson

Default Earth Bondng

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"Z" wrote in message
In article , Adrian Simpson
writes
All electrical fittings must be supplementary bonded with extraneous
conductive parts. That is light, shower, radiator, bath taps, bath (if
connected to ground eg via lead waste pipe), basin taps, basin (if
metallic eg stainless steel and connected to ground via for instance
lead waste pipe) must all be connected with one continuous earth cable
which should NOT be connected to the earthing terminal.

See

Http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/...asticPipes.pdf

peruse the rest of the site.

Quite the opposite is true for metal waste pipes that come into contact with
the ground. They must be main bonded back to the main earthing terminal.
Also the IEE say that a metal bath should also be bonded even when metal
pipes are used.

Please be careful in snipping, I didn't write any of the above, but the
attributes imply that I did.

I'll have a look at the IEE site when I get half an hour or so (not
tonight !).

Currently the only electrical fittings in the bathroom are the main
light (which is earthed in the usual way), the light switch (ditto) and
the switch for the fan (ditto). The fan itself is mounted in the loft,
so I would not regard that as a bathroom fitting. In due course, I
expect to fit a light/shaver socket in proximity to the sink, which I
would expect to earth via the T&E cable supplying it. The waste pipes
are all plastic, heating is via a central heating radiator (copper
piping), and the sanitary ware will be either plastic or ceramic. This
leaves the shower which has a metal mixer valve and visible pipe work
,otherwise it is plastic.

Thanks

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"