Andrew Gabriel

Default light switches - safety issue?

In article ,
"DarkHorse" writes:

On the fuse box NICEIC sticker, it says that the periodic
test/inspection should be to BS7671 standard. Date of last inpection
is written as 02/05/03. I've found a London Electricity 'Installation
certificate' signed and dated 06/05/03. I moved in a couple of weeks
after that date. The Installation certificate declares compliance with
'Regulation 27 of the Electricity Supply Regulation 1988 as
ammended..' etc.

Amusing - The Electricity Supply Regulations 1988 were entirely
revoked on 31 Jan 2003, 3 months before your London Electricity
certificate was issued ;-)

Anyway, Regulation 27 just says that a supplier is not compelled
to provide a supply if they are concerned that the installation
might not be safe or might cause indue interferance to others.
An installation which conforms to Wiring Regs is deemed to be
considered safe for this purpose.

--
Andrew Gabriel