Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wanting to run water line about 250 feet to my garden. Thinking
about using a ditch witch. Are these hard to use?

Will there be very little pressure going that far? I plan on using
sprinklers to cover my 50 x 50 goot garden.

Also, the garden is not perfectly straight inline with the area of the
house the waterline would need to come out of. Is this a problem.

Also in between the two are my fiel lines? How do I get around that?

You will need to get this below freeze level for your area or you will need
to make provisions for blowing the water out of the line each Fall.

A ditch witch is only slightly more difficult than a tiller once you get the
hang of using it. It is about the only method I would use to dig a 250'
ditch.

The use of a 1" poly pipe will allow you to bend the pipe around and large
trees or to achieve the alignment you want. The 1" poly will act as a small
storage tank so when you convert back to 3/4" for the faucet you may have
better flow and pressure than you started with.

Your field lines may be a problem. Do you know how deep they are at the
point you must cross? You really should not mess with them if your septic
system is working correctly. Poly pipe is cheap and the witch is fun to use
maybe you could go around the field. A lot of this depends on the freeze
level for your area.

Colbyt