Harvey Van Sickle

On 04 Feb 2005, Tim wrote
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 05:20:26 -0800, bruce_phipp wrote:

Can artex be bought in small pots? I gather it is like thick
paint which can be brushed on...

-snip-

Yes - you can tubs of ready mixed artex. You have little chance of
getting 100% blend into the original pattern, but if you've only
damaged the bit round the edge then with a bit of fiddling you
should get a good enough result.

I've done this to repair an area damaged by water leakage from an
upstairs shower. It worked really well, and the patch virtually
disappeared once the whole ceiling was repainted.

Mind you, the original in my case was a random stipple rather than a
distinct pattern, which I was able to reproduce it by using a wet
sponge; if it had been a carefully-patterned ceiling it would have
been a lot tricker.

--
Cheers,
Harvey