Gunner

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 06:28:51 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

Somone want to make a few dollars? These people are NOT cheap and are
willing for someone to do it right.
Customer located in Santa Ana California

Gunner,

I'd suggest looking at Camsoft for this app. You're bound to have something
come up here that the inexpensive pc controls won't handle. The real key to
Camsoft is the Galil process control computer that fits in a pc slot -
beats the heck out of making the pc do all the real time work. This control
ain't cheap; if you buy all new; budget 10 - 15 K or don't look at it.

Just a satisfied Camsoft user, no other connection.

Karl

Way too much money for simply controlling a small CNC drill press. Ive
heard good things about Camsoft..but the client will not pay that much
money for the application. For that kind of money, he can buy an
entire good used cnc mill.

All he needs is three very small servos, a controller, PC interface
and the software.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."