On 1 Feb 2005 15:26:50 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

I'd tread carefully here. Going under the assumption that you have
original wiring, putting in a GFI may cause you more problems then it's
worth.

Very good point. You might be making it clear that you can't answer
this problem clear enough without actually seeing the setup.

Here is an example I was told about not in black and white how to
replace an ungrounded receptacle with a gfci. The code requires it
marked on the new receptacle(gfci) that no equipment ground. Some
inpectors refused to accept those stickers, or writing anywhere on/or
around the receptacle as perminant enough markings. Therefore you can
never meet the requirement, forcing you to have to fun a ground, or a
new grounded circuit.

Just a point that they might need professional electrical help,

Recc. you find a message where Tom Horne has posted in (he knows his
****), and send him an email.

later,

tom @ www.ChopURL.com