meirman

In sci.electronics.repair on Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:17:14 GMT "NSM"
posted:

"Dan" wrote in message
I was going to suggest something similar. I've had a bit of luck
connecting a standard scope up to the inductive pickup from my timing
light, which is then clamped around the plug wire in the usual manner.

Better still, use that on plug #1 to sync the scope. Use a small clip from
the dollar store (bag closer type) with a couple of strips of metal in the
jaws to make a capacitive pickup for each spark lead and connect to vertical
in.

Thanks to all of you for the advice.

As luck would have it, I just noticed in my wire drawer the wires from
a broken timing light, including the thing that clips around the #1
plug wire. I'll try to let you all know how it goes, once the weather
warms.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether