Gunner

Default Retrofit Servo IMPACT system?

Ive a customer with one of the Servo Impact "cnc" drilling units.
According to the customer, Servo sucks, their controller sucks, their
service sucks and their prices suck.

They are...ah...not shy about speaking their mind. They have had this
drilling unit for a number of years and are continually having
problems with it, and while the basic drill, ballscrews and so forth
are sound...the Controller sucks...well..see first paragraph.

Anyone got a source for a small cnc retrofit package that will run
this thing? Work space is about 4" x 8", using (2) of the Servo high
precision drills. We need three axis control using new servos hooked
to exisiting ball screws and a PC interface with software.

Somone want to make a few dollars? These people are NOT cheap and are
willing for someone to do it right.
Customer located in Santa Ana California

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."