Scott McDonnell

Georges,
Thanks for the reply!

I believe they are random. They are normally quite far between,
but are very loud and annoying. It's more like a "pop" though,
but with a very short crackle sound after the pop. At first it
seemed as though the bass was too high because it seems to
occur when a high-energy sound is present, though I hear it
on rare occassions during lower energy periods. I suspected
a capacitor drying up in the PA amp, but haven't had a chance
to open it up yet. I am not even sure how a 70V PA Amp
works.

There are many noise sources, but those sources have
always been there and this problem only recently started to
occur. I suppose it's possible something has a failing motor
in it that could be casuing the noise, but it seems unlikely.

I am planning to buy a new PA amp from Ebay, since I
found a comparable one for ~$20.

Here's some other ideas I had thought to try:

Using a choke coil to kill the sudden change in current,
but this seems like a jury-rigging solution.

A power conditioner? An expensive solution, but would
be neccessary if it is caused by inductive loads on the
same circuit. I am not 100% sure about this, but I
believe it is standard practice to place large appliances
like those used in the resturaunt on seperate circuits.

Scott
"True american Zero" wrote in
message
news:030220050050314297%True_American_Zero@mickeyt hecat.org...
: Hi !
:
: are these craks coming completely randomly ?
:
: Isn't there fridge, a noise source some how ?
:
: Can you swao the amp with another one from another restaurant,
even on
: closing days (if there any) just to give a try ?
:
: Cheers
:
: Georges