Scott McDonnell

"Stan" wrote in message
: "Scott McDonnell" wrote:
:
: }Hello,
: }
: }...
: }So far, I have tried:
: }replacing a few speakers...amplifier...settings at the speakers
: }...volumes on both amp and source...balanced bass and treble
: }
: }None of this seems to work.
:
: Talk about the source...have you replaced it with a verified
source,
: like a portable cd player?
:
: Stan.

Stan,
Thanks for the reply!

No, I hadn't tried that yet. It is a digital satellite box tuned
with only
the music stations enabled. I did connect it to a portable video
monitor
with audio so I could switch stations. I noticed no distortion on
the
monitor, so I assumed it was not in the source. I may still try this
since
I am scratching my head on this. I still think it is the PA amp
going bad,
though. I see some on ebay going for about $20 right now, so I might
grab one of those and see.

When I get a chance, I will also try a new audio source as you
suggest.

Scott