Default project: connect stereo audio out to monitor deflection yoke ?

I am trying to find an "artistic" use for a few old computer monitors
(one 9" monochrome and one 14" colour, both svga) that I have lying
around, and am in need of suggestions from those with more experience
of this.

The idea is to perform one of the experiments listed towards the end of
sam's Monitor FAQ, in the section on "turning a monitor into an
oscilloscope". NO, I don't want to do that, but rather make an audio
display, driving the yoke with a stereo amp to move the beam around the
screen.

However, before I disconnect anything from the yoke to attach the
stereo, presumably I would have to connect some sort of dummy loads on
the horizontal and/or vertical lines from the mainboard, as I don't
want to risk running (and blowing up) the monitor with the yoke
effectively disconnected from the scan circuits (wired to the stereo
spkr outputs instead)?

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully hitched
an audio source to the scan coils in this way. Or equally, someone who
has been there, attempted that and found it a waste of time and effort!

Any suggestions?

regards, Ben