DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
More photos have just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. I managed to hit your list announcement *before* seeing
anybody's answers first, so I'll have a try at all of them before I read
on.

And since I asked about stats of where the answers come from,
I'll state that I am reading and replying in rec.crafts.metalworking.

260) Not really sure. It bayonets onto a shaft, which may rotate
(CW only) or may also reciprocate as well (or only).

At a first guess, it is either the cutter bar from some kind of
nibbler, or is used to tie string or cord around something.

261) A paper stamp -- for either pressing a notary's seal into a
document being certified, or as an "ex libris" kind of stamp for
books. Perhaps private, perhaps a library. To tell, we would
need to stamp it into a blank sheet of paper and examine what ws
produced. It uses no ink, and works by adding visible texture
to the paper. (Hard to alter a signature over which it has been
operated.)

262) Possibly used for scooping dry chemicals and shaking little
amounts into the pan of a balance (usually on a piece of filter
paper) to measure out a precise amount.

Maybe a "spoon" for melting wax to seal accordion reed plates to
the reedboxes.

Maybe a device for guiding the gasket over a replacement
windshield.

263) A snake-bite kit.

264) A concrete nail.

265) A lathe toolholder for a parting tool. It fits into a
so-called "lantern style" toolpost. The parting blade is placed
in the groove on the side, and held by the half-round headed
bolt drawn in by the nut on the other side.

It looks as though it was made by Armstrong -- one of the
long-time makers of such holders.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564