Cothian

mac davis wrote in
:

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:25:19 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:09:46 -0700, the inscrutable Mark & Juanita
spake:

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:55:22 GMT, Kevin
wrote:

Swingman wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Yeah, a few percent difference is a "mandate." Go figure.
49+ million votes against don't mean a thing to him.

The election is over. The American _people_ made a decision ...
quit your whining and get over the fact you were in a minority.

Actually, in terms of total eligible voters, only about a third of
the people voted for Bush II. Guess Fox didn't carry that tidbit.

... and in terms of eligible voters, those who did not vote also
made a
decision -- to let the rest of the voters make the choice for them,
thus, the OP's comment is still correct, the American people made a
decision,

The fate of the entire world has been determined by non-voters and
gullibles. Ironic, isn't it? I should have said "tragic."

the election is over. get over it.

I'll get over it when the global threats he has caused are gone, Mark,
and not before. The world (including America) has become a less-safe
place since GWB has been in office. Many Americans, myself included,
are not too happy about that. I used to _believe_in_ the President of
the United States. I love my country and will not sit quietly by while
it gets trashed by an avaricious mob in D.C.

Oh, I changed the topic to OT while I was replying.

get it down to basics... the guy you wanted lost.... some other guy
won...
maybe it was your fault for not being active enough in getting votes
for your guy, maybe it's just karma..

you now have 3 years to gear up for getting your choice in, go for
it...
but also admit that however it happened and whoever won, he's the
President... and you can either work toward being positive and
lobbying for what you want done, or be an anchor... YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Amen, Brother Davis