GregP

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:15:10 GMT, "snowdog"
wrote:

1. Historically, if you build something that takes away the need to think
about what you are doing, people will stop thinking.

It's hard to imagine running wood through a table saw
without "the need to think." Maybe you're capable of
that and there may be others like you. But I suspect
that you're in a small minority.

2. If don't feel comfortable with a device, that if it misfires, is going
to destroy my $100+ saw blade, the safety device itself, and possibly
damage the saw. ....

Right there you've listed another reason to keep thinking:
you're going to lose at least $150 if you goof, plus maybe
a nice chunk of wood.

4. I mean no offense to those who will feel safer having a saw that is
equipped with one of these devices, more power to you, just don't force it
on the rest of us.

I don't know of anyone who has posted in this n.g. who has
the wherewithal or the will to force this saw on you. Do you ?