Cliff

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:06:19 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:20:51 -0600, Robert Davidson
wrote:

Please see my link/stats for a Humvee in my reply to Cliff. I think
this revision to section 179 is to specifically exclude all SUVs. It
re-defines a heavy work vehicle to more accurately account for the
purchase of a true 'heavy work' vehicle, not an SUV. Even the fattest
Hummer is prob . no more than 1/2 the GVW of this kind of auto.

GOOD NEWS !!!

For the 2006 model year they are raising the weight from (2004)
7608 lbs. to 8114 lbs (+506 lbs).

http://www.humvee.net/alpha/

"Fully loaded" it goes from 15,300 lbs. (2004) to 17,300 lbs.
(+2000 lbs.) so perhaps there will be a safety margin G.

Cliff:

"Fully loaded"? I think you've misunderstood what is meant by GCWR.

GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating), means the total weight of the
vehicle itself, AND any towed trailer.

BB,
You trying to spoil a bit of honest fun?

BTW, the *example* I posted/extracted was for the 2004 tax year.
Had you known of it then or in 2003 ....

This (usually annual) book actually is worth it's cost to most.
Changes are covered as well IIRC.

IIRC In one year they even listed which sporting events/teams
had tax credits/deductions if you bought tickets .... there are
thousands of loopholes in the tax code that the special interests
had added. The instructions for the simple 1040 do not mention them
but all are legal. This covers many that may well be overlooked .. and
may help you plan for 2005 in the US ... or outside if a US resident
or citizen.

HTH
--
Cliff