Shantanu Sen

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Shantanu Sen wrote:
I have a question regarding faucet repair - somehow, on my first try
on repairing a simple drip problem, I screwed up so that the output from
the
spout is now down to a trickle!!

I have a two handle peerless faucet on one of the bathrooms. The right
one
had a steady drip so I decided that I will try to fix it. I looked up
various how-to docs and then followed the standard instructions and took
out the stem. I found that it is a cartridge type stem - there are no

snip
I feel I am missing something obvious. Any pointers?

Thanks for any help.
Shantanu Sen

Some faucets have a filter screen right at the spout that can be
removed and cleaned. If you do, unscrew it and try the water then.
something might have gotten in the line while you were working. As a
matter of fact you could turn the water pressure off and remove the
faucets and pour water through just to see if anything is in there. If
not, then you do have the parts misassembled.

That was it - after I took out the filter screen and cleaned it everything
was fine.
I knew I was missing something obvious. Thanks.

The drip is still there though. So now that I have changed the stem for
nothing, I
guess I have to replace the spring and the washer at the base and if that
fails
buff the base with steel wool...oh well...

Thanks,
Shantanu