Set Square

About to replace several rads on my gas central heating. A plumber
had recommended Heatline, but the local plumbers merchant is pushing
Barlo.

The Barlos have a similar appearance - compact double panel double
convectors - and will work out rather cheaper too. However the stated
heat output appears to be about 10% higher on the Heatlines.

Is there likely to be a real difference, or is it just a matter of the
conditions under which the measurements were made (ie water and room
temeperatures).

Many thanks,

chris

Radiators of a similar size and design made by different manufacturers will
have very similar *real* outputs. But their figures may not be based on the
same delta-T (the difference between rad and room temperature).

Each manufacturer should state the delta-T on which their figures are based.
Conversion tables are available for working out the output at a different
delta-T. They sometimes appear on manufacturers' spec sheets. I'm looking at
one at the moment, with figures based on a delta-T of 60 decC. There is a
table of factors to multiply by for different delta-Ts. To quote a few:

45: 0.700
50: 0.798
55: 0.898
60: 1.000