Markus Splenius

On 2 Feb 2005 14:02:19 -0800, "keng" wrote:

I too would recommend 'not' lifting the skirting boards. Lay as
suggested and cover expansion gap with suitable moulding.

Unless you've opted for an expensive version of this 'modern' floor
covering you're unlikely to get a very long life out of it, especially
in a high use area such as you describe. You'll probably be faced with
replacement in a relatively short space of time.

I would consider the use of glued joints to help prolong the life of
your flooring.

Yep - I put some cheap stuff down in the bathroom and it's crap. It
doesn't really last and it moves at the joints.

A good idea might be to have "quick release" skirting with a couple of
levers!! :-)

Seriously though, sometimes there are advantages to screwing on the
skirting boards.

M.