jo4hn

Mark Morin wrote:

About a week ago I was using my 15 year old inexpensive Ryobi mitre saw and
the blade was spinning for up to a minute after the cut. Clearly a problem
with the electronic brake. After explaining to SWMBO that this was very
dangerous and the limitations of a saw that couldn't handle compound mitres,
I ordered a Delta 36-255LR 12" TwinLaser miter from Amazon. Cost was $235
out the door
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...406901-2202305)
for a reconditioned model which comes close to the price several people got
at Lowes closeouts.

Last night I decided I'd try to take apart the old Ryobi to see what was
broken. A Google search before starting the disassembly yielded a sentence
that said something like "three of the last electronic brake problems I saw
turned out to be loose arbor bolts". I laughed at the stupid mistake others
must have made and walked out to the garage. Five minutes later my old
mitre saw, with its tightened arbor bolt, was working perfectly.

No update planned to SWMBO. Anxiously waiting arrival of new, and ummm ...,
less dangerous saw.

-- Mark

and for 20 bucks I won't tell SWMBO...