BottleBob

Cliff wrote:

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:20:51 -0600, Robert Davidson
wrote:

Please see my link/stats for a Humvee in my reply to Cliff. I think
this revision to section 179 is to specifically exclude all SUVs. It
re-defines a heavy work vehicle to more accurately account for the
purchase of a true 'heavy work' vehicle, not an SUV. Even the fattest
Hummer is prob . no more than 1/2 the GVW of this kind of auto.

GOOD NEWS !!!

For the 2006 model year they are raising the weight from (2004)
7608 lbs. to 8114 lbs (+506 lbs).

http://www.humvee.net/alpha/

"Fully loaded" it goes from 15,300 lbs. (2004) to 17,300 lbs.
(+2000 lbs.) so perhaps there will be a safety margin G.

Cliff:

"Fully loaded"? I think you've misunderstood what is meant by GCWR.

GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating), means the total weight of the
vehicle itself, AND any towed trailer.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob