mugwomp

"Lem" wrote in message ...
Will an automatic car battery charger trip out at the correct point
if the battery is left connected to the car?

I don't want my charger to keep pumping current into my battery if it
is fully charged in case my battery suffers some sort of damage!

Thank you for any views.

If your battery is good, it should be OK
If your battery develops a short, it could blow the top of the battery off.
Cheaper batteries do this sometimes, they keep sucking the amps + never
charge up.
If your battery voltage is less than 10.5 volts, it probably will never
charge