Dave Plowman

Default Equivalent fluorescent power

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Again, flicker will be increased by the poor choice of tubes. And, of
course, I meant high frequency ballasts. No point in only half doing the
job.

Yes, sure. That's what I meant as well. I'm not sure that there
are electronic ballasts that are not HF though??

Think there might have been, early on. But I mis-read your original. ;-)

I'm not saying that florries have a place in every room - merely that they
shouldn't be ruled out on the basis of the experience of only a basic
white strip light in the middle of the ceiling. But to me, carefully used,
they are more suited to domestic lighting than those mainly horrid CFLs,
which I reserve for outdoors.

--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn