Speedy Jim

Zinzan wrote:
I have two rooms that seem to suffer badly from condensation. On cold
mornings the Windows are covered in condensation and over a period of time
the painted walls start to turn black. Is there anything I can do to cure
this? Is there are special paint that I can paint onto the outside or inside
walls to stop the walls from turning this colour. One room used to have a
fireplace but I have now blocked this up. The other room a bed is up against
the wall that shows signs of condensation. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

You have a high indoor humidity problem. Is there a humidifier
on the furnace? If so, turn it off.

The black is likely a sign of mold growth, not good.

You may also have an insulation problem which is allowing
the wall surface to get too cold.

This is a complex problem with no easy answers.
I would start by getting a hygrometer (humidity meter).
In winter, a reasonably dry house should be around 50% or below.

Jim