John Hines

Frank Thompson wrote:

What specs (or even brands) should I look for in regards to ph screws
and bits that are durable...i.e. don't wear out.

Phillips is a standard, sized in numbers. #0 through #3. #2 being the
most common. Robertson (square drive), and Torx are others.

Screws are made of materials, I can get cheap steel ones, galvanized,
stainless, etc depending on the application and requirements.

Yes, the #2 that you use will be come stripped if you let it rotate in
the screw, which is why they are sold in bulk bags, and just used up
like everything else.

A double ended drive bit, with #2 Phillips and square would be really
handy here in North America.