Lesley

I agree that I should and want to do it right! A friend's husband took
a look at everything and said that there is easy access to the wall
where the stove would be, from the basement. This will allow the wire
to be fished up to the outlet to plug into. The circuit panel has
space and is adequate. For someone who knows what they are doing, does
it regularly and is prepared with tools and supplies, he thinks it
would take about 2 hours, assuming we run the wire along the surface of
the joists to get where it needs to go, stapling it in place.

This doesn't SOUND like something that should cost very much. Does
anyone have any ideas about how much a licensed electrician would
charge for 2 hours' work??? I'm near Buffalo, NY.
Thanks again!

Lesley