Fire&Ice

Default hardwood floor ?

We are renting a house that has hardwood floors in the entryway, living room
and hallways. I really don't like the hw flooring (I must be the only one).
Anyway, the floor is very dingy looking and really needs to be refinished
but since it isn't my house I am not going to invest the money and the owner
doesn't really care what it looks like (he was going to put carpet in LR but
decided against it for whatever reason). Is there something inexpensive
that can be done to get the floor looking better?
I have a huge area rug in the living room to cover most of it.

Thanks for any ideas.

F&I
--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~