Norminn

I have an issue where the Porter interior latex paint is bubbling up
over where I have applied DAP spackling. The paint is in a five gallon
bucket that was leftover from when the house was built in September
2003. I have kept the paint in the basement. The DAP spackling is the
kind that goes on pink then dries white. I just purchased it.

The area I am working is five or six three-inch areas.
I have redone this area twice with the same results. Any ideas why
this occurring? Should I use a primer coat? If I do use a primer coat
will this make the latex paint a different color than the surrounding
areas. The paint color is Taupe White.

Thanks

Try different spackle. Let dry longer. Two coats primer, feathered
edges. Paint with small roller, feather edges. Paint "sinks" more
without sufficient primer. Be sure all your stuff is stirred well. If
it bubbles again, you either have bad paint or moisture intrusion behind
the wall.