Paul Barker Paul Barker is offline
Senior Member

"Indeed. Pulling off the skirting in this house invariably leads to the
skirting ending up a bit of a mess, and the plaster all coming off
behind them. Ok, if big redecoration is under way, but not if you are
just doing the floor."

However because you are raising the floor level the small dints you make at the top of the skirting are ususally unseen later. It's a matter of how much effort it takes and the quality of your floor. Skirting would all have to be renewed usually. The two pins which hold the external mitre may require cutting with a reciprocating/hacksaw to lessen the effort of tugging the old off.

Don't forget to undercut the architrive with a panel saw.

"What does look neat if you need to use beading is to mitre the ends, and
put little return on the beading at the end of runs by doors etc. Easy
if you use a power mitre saw, and much neater than straight finish.
--
Chris French, Leeds[/quote]"

Yes doesn't it,? only the best professionals do that, but it's a great aim for a diy'er.

Having done a full year of nothing but lay laminated and real wood floors when it was in fashion (it's terribly passet now), I'd rather return to my vomit than lay any in my own hall.