Doctor Evil

"Owain" wrote in message
. ..
"Al Reynolds" wrote
| "Clive Summerfield" wrote:
| It is actually the builder that states that the NHBC guarantee on
| the tank was for two years. However, the workmanship should
| be guaranteed for up to 10 years under NHBC,
| The 10 year part of the NHBC warranty only warrants that the
| house was built to building regs - *nothing* else.

AIUI the 10 year NHBC warranty is for the *structure* of the house only,

not
minor / snagging works. I don't think it even guarantees compliance with
building regs.

| I would say the question comes down to: If the OP's friend
| had had a water tank fitted three years ago and it had started
| leaking, would they have any recourse? I would say they
| ought to have some, as you might reasonably expect said
| water tank installation to exist fault-free for at least five or
| six years.

Having a water tank fitted separately would fall under consumer protection
legislation (Sale of Goods Act etc). However house purchase does *not*

come
under this legislation.

What does it come under?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server