NSM

"Jamie" wrote in message

What would the voltage usually be on the coil of the contactor for
a lathe using a 3 phase motor?. In UK so single phase is 240V ac

most likely 240V, i am from the US and we use 120 normally for the
coil which also matches our resident common voltage. we do also
use 220..240 coils in Foreighn machines that we have.
in the case of your lathe, normally we use manual contactors,
this means no coil is neeeded. i mite what to consider that .

If you use 220/380 your coil would be 380. No-one runs a neutral to a
starter just to run the coil.