Default Earth Bondng

In article , Adrian Simpson
writes
A quick question on bathroom earth bonding if I may.

I'm in the process of refitting the bathroom, and all being well will
replace the bath this week. Originally the plumbing was all in copper,
and there is a steel bath. The plumbing is being replaced with plastic
(*), and the new bath is acrylic. Since there is there is very little
in the way of metal, do I have to bond it.

(*) the shower will have metal plumbing where visible (plastic where
not), but is driven from the boiler (i.e. is non-electric).

Adrian

All electrical fittings must be supplementary bonded with extraneous
conductive parts. That is light, shower, radiator, bath taps, bath (if
connected to ground eg via lead waste pipe), basin taps, basin (if
metallic eg stainless steel and connected to ground via for instance
lead waste pipe) must all be connected with one continuous earth cable
which should NOT be connected to the earthing terminal.

See

Http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/...asticPipes.pdf

peruse the rest of the site.
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.